Chase Sapphire Reserve, New 80K Welcome Offer
The Chase Sapphire Reserve is a card that has a $550 annual fee and lots of extra benefits. If you were thinking about this card, there’s a new improved offer that will get you 80,000 Ultimate Rewards points. The offer was previously announced and is now available publicly, online and in-branch.
Let’s see the details of this Chase Sapphire Reserve 80K offer, and how you can apply.
Update 2: The last day to apply was November 30. As expected, referral links are still showing the 80K bonus for now, while public offer has been lowered to 60K. Join our Facebook Group if you want to have your CSR referral featured on the site, or you can post them in the comments below.
Update 1: Chase is matching this new offer if you have recently applied for a lesser bonus. Normally you need to have applied within the last three months. Contact Chase and ask to be matched to the better offer.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months after account opening. That’s $1,200 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Annual Fee: $550 (not waived)
- Authorized user fee of $75 is waived for 2 additional cards.
- 5x total points on flights when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Earn 10x total points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Earn 3x points on other travel worldwide
- Earn 10x total points on Chase Dining purchases with Ultimate Rewards.
- Earn 3x points on other dining at restaurants, including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out.
- Earn 1x on all other purchases.
- Transfer 1:1 to the regular Ultimate Reward transfer partners
- $300 Annual Travel Credit (once per calendar year)
- Complimentary lounge access at over 900+ lounges
- Global Entry or TSA pre check credit of up to $100
- Free Instacart+ for one year. Plus, Instacart+ members earn up to $15 in statement credits each month through July 2024.
- Free DashPass (DoorDash and Caviar) for one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
- Free Lyft Pink All Access ($19.99/Month). Enroll by 12/31/2024.
- Earn 10x total points on Lyft rides through March 31, 2025.
- $10 monthly statement credit from Gopuff through December 31, 2023.
- Visa Infinite perks
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Pay Yourself Back (1.5¢ redemption for Ultimate Rewards points)
- Read full review here.
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months. If you are an existing Sapphire customer and would like this product, please call the number on the back of your card to see if you are eligible for a product change. You will not receive the new cardmember bonus if you change products.
This card also falls under the Chase 5/24 rule which means that if you’ve had 5 or more new credit cards in the last 24 months, your application will be declined.
Chase Sapphire Reserve is a great card to have in your wallet. If you take advantage of all the benefits, you can probably offset the annual fee. The card earns 3X Points on travel and dining, and also grocery stores for a limited time. You also get $300 in annual travel credits, and currently there are some additional benefits that make points more valuable.
We saw a 100K bonus when the card was first launched, and we have seen it as a targeted offer occasionally since then. But, the welcome bonus has been at 50K for a while now and sometimes increased to 60K or 70K. So this 80K offer is one of the best we have seen in a while. And to make things even better, this new bonus is also available through referral links.
Chase is currently offering increased bonuses on several credit cards such as personal Southwest cards (75K each), Chase Ink Business Cash ($900), and Ink Business Unlimited ($900).