Lufthansa Miles & More Credit Card Has a New 60K Bonus
The Lufthansa Miles & More card has an increased bonus. You can now earn 60,000 miles if you are approved for a new card. While this is not the highest offer we have seen, it has a more reasonable spending requirement. Check out the details below.
- Earn 60,000 award miles if you spend $3,000 in purchases and pay the annual fee, both within the first 90 days.
- Annual Fee: $89 (waived for Senator and HON Circle Members)
- Earn 2 award miles per $1 spent on ticket purchases directly from Miles & More integrated airline partners
- Earn 1 award miles per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Receive two complimentary Lufthansa Business Lounge Vouchers after each account anniversary
- Receive a Companion Ticket after each account anniversary (taxes and fee apply)
- No foreign transaction fees
- Achieve Miles & More status faster – Convert award miles earned on purchases into status miles. Once each calendar year, you can convert 5,000 to 25,000 award miles at a 5 to 1 ratio. For example, 5,000 award miles convert to 1,000 status miles.
Applying for the Card
Barclays Lufthansa Miles & More Card
Barclays will usually only approve you for a card every 6 months. If you have a Barclay card, is bet to put some spend on it before applying for another card. They don’t like dormant cardholders. There’s no real limit on the number of cards you can have with Barclay.
They also have a 6/24 rule. That means that they might not approve you if you’ve had more than 6 new cards in the last 24 months. I say might because we’re not sure if it still applies, and even before it was never really a hard rule.
This is the not highest bonus we have seen, but it has a much lower spending requirement that this previous high of 75,000 miles.
Lufthansa miles are valuable. While domestic economy ward flights will cost you 25,000 miles round trip, you can get into business class (domestic first class) for just 35,000 round trip on United. One-way award flights will cost half. That means that with this signup bonus is enough for two round trip business class flights in the United States.
A trip to Europe will cost you 50,000 miles in economy, but fees are extremely high. You can see their miles calculator here.